Sunday, July 5, 2009

Have you seen this kid?



We've had a wild few weeks. We got back from Cancun last Sunday, and by the time I had unpacked and washed everything it was time to take Mason to his first ever week of Ne-o-tez church camp. He looked pretty shy and quiet standing there with all the other boys who can't stand still (the girls were off in a group of their own, and it didn't look like they were quite ready to have anything to do with the boys. Lucky for me. I would hate to pick him up in a week and find out there's a . . . girlfriend. Ack.) Monte went back to check on him twice before he finally agreed to get in the car and go. He is worried Mason will not have the time of his life and that he might be sad for a week. I am worried his clothes will come back irrevokably stained and grimy. Monte is worried Mason wont get what he likes to eat at camp, and that he might be hungry. I am worried he wont brush his teeth all week long. Monte is worried his little boy will be lonely without his daddy. I am worried his mother will get used to peace and quiet and then be jolted violently back to reality when his mouth comes home.

I hope my little boy isn't lonely, and that he's having a good time. Goodnight sweet boy. We miss you terribly already, and it has only been six hours. Good grief!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

I think I was about his age when I went to Ne-o-tez for the first time, and it was awesome. I was way too busy playing baseball, catching crawdads, and getting filthy to worry about being homesick. :-)

Susie said...

So true, Jeni. Mason will barely think about you until you get there to pick him up!

Shauna Maschmann said...

I still haven't heard how it went? Also I'm still waiting to see pics from Cancun!

Shauna Maschmann said...

I need a copy of this picture of my chicken-it's so cute! Can you email it to me?