Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Say what?

Mason brought home all A grades at mid-semester recently, and is generally regarded as a smart kid by one and all, but every so often he loses things in translation. In church Wednesday night he leaned over and whispered, "Mom, what does your shirt say?" I whispered back "It says, 'Authentic'." Then he said, "What does that mean?" I said "It means real . . . not a forgery." "Oh," he said. Then he whispered something I couldn't hear to Monte, and Monte started laughing. Then I heard Monte say, "No honey, you're thinking of 'Autistic'."

Not sure what's more disturbing, that my 5th grader didn't know the meaning of the word Authentic, or that he thought I would rock a shirt with the word 'Autistic' on it to church.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.0

1 comment:

Susie said...

hey, that would be better than "yoga keeps me flexible".....