Monday, October 31, 2011

I'm just saying!

The following things bug me. Not a lot, but still.

1. When people type "WALA!" in an e-mail, when the word they actually mean to convey is "voilĂ ." No wonder French people think we're stupid. (And cranky too, because we write "stuff that bugs me" lists for the world to see.)

2. Price increases of 100% or more in a sagging economy. I'm looking at you Netflix. And OPEC. And the healthcare industry. At least Krispy Kreme is just eliminating the free doughnut they used to give out to people in line, instead of raising menu prices to compensate. (That actually makes a lot of sense to me--I'm there to buy doughnuts, but after eating the one they give me in line and the one Mason got in line but doesn't want, I'm good. Once I get to the cashier, I think, "Now, what did I come in here for again?")

3. Getting a 3/4 full drink cup just because I asked for no ice. Really, Starbucks? The $4 you charge for a Trenta iced tea lemonade not profitable enough to get you to overlook the smidgen of extra tea I'm getting out of the deal?

4. The NBA lockout. It's time somebody caves so they can give me back my season. I've got a lot of yelling to do and no large scale arena to do it in. I guess I could pick another sport and yell at my TV, but it's not the same. Those pro-bowlers just don't inspire at-home cheering.

5. There is no #5 because I'm really very very happy and this list is just a silly waste of time :-)

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Wait, what? Your Krispy Kreme gives out free donuts? or gave out? I've never heard of such a thing!

Kristi E said...

I can't speak for the nationwide chain, but the Krispy Kreme stores in Branson, O'Fallon and south OKC would give you a free doughnut if you came inside when the "HOT" light was on. Ah, those were the days!

Brei said...

Just count your blessing that you even have a Krispy Kreme!

Susie said...

Oh yes, I can remember waiting in the parking lot across the street with the youth group in my van....when that light went on, we descended!