Friday, May 1, 2009

Parole Hearing

All five of us were sitting around a table at Red Lobster, eating dinner. In silence. It almost never happens, and when it does it never lasts. However, it was actually lasting for once, when suddenly, Stephen breaks the silence with . . .

STEPHEN: "Dad, what would happen if Mom went to jail?"

MONTE: "Uh, I'd be sad. What would she go to jail for?"

STEPHEN: "Well, what if she forgets to feed me?"

MONTE: "When has she ever forgotten to feed you?"

MOM: "Well, what do you do when you are hungry and you need something to eat? Wouldn't you just go to the kitchen and find something to eat?"

STEPHEN: "No, I would go to a restaurant, but how would I get there and who would drive me?"

MOM: "What about our kitchen in our house?"

STEPHEN: "No, I can't go there, there's nothing in there but muffin tops [eggo waffles] and yogurt."

Niiiiiice. The only reason I'm not in jail is that I know where all the restaurants are in Columbia.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

That's funny.

And why are eggo waffles "muffin tops?"