Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Heat Is On

Right now it's 100 degrees at 7 p.m. in Oklahoma City. That means 100 wasn't the high, it's the come down number. I used to love warm. The warmer the better. Bring the heat I would say. I'm so cold natured that at times in my life it has seemed I couldn't make my own body heat, and I had to depend on the sun or Monte to provide some warmth for my otherwise icy skin. Grocery stores, movie theaters, churches,all were places of freezing discomfort. I had to carry a sweater with me year round. No place was ever completely warm.

Until now.

Now I'm cured.

I'm finally aggressively fanning myself with all the other old ladies, with our floppy arm fat moving as fast as the paper fans we are cooling off with. I'm on the other side.

Dang it. Turns out the grass isn't greener over here. It is dry, brown and burnt!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.9

1 comment:

Susie said...

Bright side.....Not much lawn mowing to do!?!