Thursday, January 13, 2011

Random Things

Stuff buzzing around in my head:
1. Sometimes the past year seems so unreal, that I actually believe I'm walking around in the world's most vivid dream, and at some point I'll wake up in the Oak Cliff house back in Missouri with some serious bed hair. Of course I will have overslept in the worst way and it will be spring.
2. Stephen asked me to play air hockey tonight. I didn't want to but I did, because I kept thinking "cat's in the cradle" you know? So thanks to Cat Stevens or Ugly Kid Joe or whomever, I'm playing air hockey to the best of my ability when suddenly the score is 3 to 1 in Stephen's favor. And in the flattest monotone you've ever heard, he says, "I'm ahead. You need to try harder."
3. I've been cooking lately, but the only meal I make that my family likes is frozen pizza. I wonder if I can get on that show Wife Swap, and be sent to some Amish family that looks forward to green beans from a can because it's almost like ordering take out.
4.  It's hard to get back into the exercise groove here because lots of the subdivisions are self-contained bits of land just off streets that would elsewhere be considered county highways. No sidewalks and random cars doing sixty in a forty. "How did she die?" "Well, it appears she had some winter weight on her and thought she could still cross a street." "We lose a lot of 'em thattaway."
5. Thanks Netflix for giving me back Mystery Science Theater, even if they're mostly Joel episodes.
6. We start bedtimes here at 8:30, but still can't get our kids in bed until 10. There's nothing odd or funny about that. It just is.

No comments: