Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Early Father's Day

TEN THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MONTE
10. He would rather be with his boys than be anywhere, or with anyone else, in the world
9. If I’m sad, he always tells the boys to say something sweet to me, like, “Mom, you’re the best mom in the world.” Sometimes, I say, “What made you say that, silly boy?” and they’ll look at me blankly, and say “Just a second . . .” and run off to ask dad what the next line should be.
8. He always overdoes holidays, and he never is wrong about what I want, and he never has to ask me what I want, because he already knows
7. He is a strong spiritual leader, and shows the boys what that means by working at church, going to class and making time to pray with them at night
6. He likes to have fun, and plays with the boys just like he was their age
5. He can fix things, and seems to always know a way around any sort of computer problem
4. At night when the kids are finally in bed asleep, he tells me funny stories about his day, and I always laugh at his silly adventures, or we talk about things until we realize we’ve stayed up too late again
3. He tries not to roll his eyes or look bored when I show him my latest craft project or my genealogy work, and he doesn't get too upset when I tell him how much I spent on it
2. He compliments something about me or something I’ve done, nearly everyday
1. He makes me feel beautiful and valuable

2 comments:

Barb said...

What a blessing he is to you. How sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Andrew said...

Of course he plays with the boys just like he's their age - he acts their age in most other situations, why not when they are around?



Just kidding - secretly, Monte is my hero!