Saturday, August 15, 2009

Reunion


There aren't words for how happy this picture makes me. These are some of the people I love best in the world, assembled together at my parent's farm. They were there to eat burgers and talk, and maybe ride the 4-wheeler. Nothing else. Just to be, and do it next to each other.

Some of the memories that keep me above water on a daily basis are of just hanging out with one or more of these guys. Doing stuff, or nothing, but having some sort of connection all the same. Really, if you get right down to it, the person I am is a direct result of the effect all the people in this picture have had on, well, the person I am. That was a bit circular, but you get the gist.

This post doesn't have a moral or a grand point or anything, but I would advise any reader who doesn't presently have a big extended family, to run out and get one right away. They're worth what they cost, every penny. But not this one, because it's mine, and I'm keeping it.

2 comments:

Geoff said...

Okay, so you took the picture. That explains your absence. Monte's absence is another story. Deduction: Monte can't stand being around your family or you can't stand Monte being around your family. Third choice; Monte was giggling somewhere alone w/o wife or kids!

Doty Family in Parkville Blog said...

Great photo!