Sunday, April 18, 2010

And around, and around

UPDATE:
You'll think I'm making this up, but the thief logged into the stolen PC again, this time TO PAY HIS CELL PHONE BILL. Now, let's think about this for a second, Zeke (may I call you Zeke? Great. Anyway . . .) You left the STOLEN computer on once before, and for your trouble you were rewarded by suddenly losing massive amounts of data. The sort of "thanks for playing" parting gift that should have been at the very least a cautionary tale, warning you to chunk the darn thing in a nearby ravine (admit it, you're surrounded by ravines) rather than risk being located through it. But Zeke, you believe in the inherant goodness of humanity (we all like that about you) and as such, you probably believed the worst was over. Right? Either that, or you don't understand the concept of the Internet as a vehicle for two way communication. Because, Zeke, when you pay your cell phone bill . . . you know, the one in your real name and with an accurate address on file, then you're just saying, "hey, Monte, here's the stuff you need to have me arrested. I ain't got me no silver platter or nothin' but we'll just consider it implied."

I'm sure when the cops arrived, Zeke was more than a little taken aback. I imagine him being handcuffed by the sherrif's deputy on the porch of his double wide, very near the ravine where he should have thrown the computer, saying, " Well played, Monte Ellis. Well played."

The moral? If you are a flippin' thief, and you steal one of Monte's PCs, for heaven sake, look into the cash only disposable cell phone option! (I like the fact that he pays his bills. You want thieves with senses of personal responsibility and accountability.)

Oh, and my apologies to Georgia. I was misinformed. It was Louisiana. However I'm sure Louisiana jails are just as lovely and accomodating as anything you'd find in Georgia, so no worries there.

Poor Zeke.

5 comments:

Susie said...

I am making Monte a Superhero cape!! What should he be called? Hmmmm....Netman??? He should go into law enforcement!

Susie said...

OOOH...I like Redneck Slayer!!

Kristi E said...

If we called him Punisher of Southern Evil Doers, he'd go by PSED, which makes no sense. And if we go with Redneck Slayer, it sounds like he murdered his entire family, because we are all rednecks. Back to the drawing board people! Work with me here! I want ideas and costume mock ups in a week! Chop chop!

Susie said...

"SMACC" (pronounced SMACK!) Storage Mart Caped Crusader!! Yellow cape with a mouse insignia....

Tiffany said...

That is too funny! Unbelievable! I'll bet Monte just sat there and laughed when he saw that the guy had used it again and for that! You are probably right. He probably was scratching his head wondering how they found him! :)